THOR-IW Joss Break Cue
The Thor Hammer break cue by Joss features an Ironwood forearm, handle and butt with Purple Heart accent bands, heavy duty linen-based phenolic joint, extremely hard (and tournament legal) custom leather tip, Full Core Technology construction, and sleek wrapless handle.
- 5/16 x 14 heavy duty linen-based phenolic joint for increased ball speed
- Extremely hard leather layered custom Joss tip that can take the abuse of hard breaks
- Full Core Technology construction for added strength and stability with a one-piece feel
- Wrapless handle for slip strokes
- Made in the USA
Joss: Handmade Craftsmanship From An American Master
Joss Cues started like many great innovative companies – in a garage. In 1968, Dan Janes and a partner started Joss Cues in a garage in Baltimore with an old manual lathe, and minimal other tools. These two former road players set out to create a new breed of cue, and ended up with innovations like the “floating” point (instead of a traditional four-prong design). The partner left in 1972, and Janes now runs Joss with his son Stephen and wife Debbie.
Since those early days, Joss Cues have become sought after collectors items by professionals, celebrities, and lovers of the game alike – even being featured in the 1986 hit “The Color of Money”.
For his designs and penchant for detail, Dan Janes has been inducted into both the American Cue Makers Association Hall of Fame and the International Cuemaker’s Association Hall of Fame.
Today, Joss Cues are still manufactured in Towson Maryland, and both father and son work side by side to continue making cues that push the envelope of play and beauty forward while maintaining the traditional look and values of old time cue making.
Joss Cue Features
- 5/16 x 14 joint
- Extremely hard leather layered custom Joss tip
- Unique serial number on the joint
- Exotic woods and genuine inlays
- Made in the USA